We have a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Edmonton. Whether it’s done through our own business practices or providing energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits no matter the season.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 features the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on your climate. The options below give our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Call your Edmonton Pella Showroom to learn about more of our insulating glass options or our recommended glass for the Edmonton region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – more layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colourless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between two or more glass panes to give additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room in the winter; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Our Innovation for Edmonton Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.