Window Style 101
Your window coverings can play a big role in the style of your home. So, whether you’re shooting for a tranquil feeling or something lively to express your personality, you’re bound to discover an idea here! Here are couple tips to dress up your windows.
- To generate a sense of drama or to make a smaller room feel bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a bit of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to display your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a fancy print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is used for your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a bit too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love changing things up for the season, or just like to change things up every little bit, try changing out the curtains in your main living area. You can go as festive as you’d like!
- If you’re having trouble finding the ideal pattern for your curtains, don’t limit yourself to traditional window curtains. Try checking out tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you have in mind.
- For an understated and classy look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To dress up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You can use anything from a pretty ribbon to sea shells you picked up on vacation.