Vinyl, Fiberglass or Wood? Which Window Material is best for your Edmonton, AB home?
Deciding on the type of material that you should purchase for your new window frame and sash is a critical decision when selecting replacement windows. We’d like to share a few points to weigh relating to the various window materials that you may not have known:
- Aluminum Windows — While their price may be less expensive, aluminum windows can eat that savings in terms of energy efficiency when measured against other window material selections. Aluminum windows are often thought of for moisture around the frame and common heat loss, which is observed by the feeling of more heat or cold when you stand close to the windows. The variety of color options is an additional reason why aluminum windows may not be the right choice for your Edmonton home. Even though you can paint them, it would be challenging to attain the natural look that wood or fiberglass can provide your home.
- Fiberglass Windows — Never thought of fiberglass as an option for your new windows? You should and here are a few reasons why:
- Fiberglass windows are energy efficient.
- They can stand up to extreme temperatures.
- They are durable for any climate or region of the country.
- Vinyl Windows — One of the most popular materials with residents in Edmonton is vinyl. Vinyl windows are typically lower in cost, are energy efficient and are easy to maintain. Even though vinyl windows are sold in a variety of colors, there are fewer color options available. There are many advantages to vinyl window products and we invite you to discover more by reading our blog post “The Benefits of Vinyl Windows”
- Wood Windows — Wood windows can be an outstanding investment for Edmonton homeowners trying to improve energy efficiency and overall home comfort. Wood windows tend to have higher R-values, weather-resistant, and are less vulnerable to condensation. Often wood windows have aluminum or vinyl cladding on the exterior, which can reduce external maintenance. We suggest you read more about wood windows in our aptly titled blog post “Why Buy Wood Windows?”
Fiberglass windows are often priced higher than aluminum or vinyl windows.