Tips and tricks for door replacement
Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the ambiance that guests have when coming into your Edmonton home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are ready to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and call for a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you choose the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring an entire look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other unfriendly features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can receive a major facelift.
Greet guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a lasting first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Edmonton, give them a call at 780-439-9344 or schedule an appointment online to work through all the selections for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.