The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated portion of your home’s windows. They offer you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wants, and with the host of styles and colors offered, you can discover a combination to fulfill whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you are able to switch styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you select, there are a handful of color choices to meet
your design expectations.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to give you more energy
efficient selections than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make it easier to clean the glass.
Now that we’ve seen a few positives of window grilles, let’s take a look at the challenges that may come with window grilles.
- While there are a host of
designs we carry, some homeowners feel that certain grille styles can obstruct their
view of the yard.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that needs to be cleaned, cleaning can be more difficult.
- Replacement windows that showcase grilles are sometimes more expensive than those without grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to purchase replacement windows or you’re simply shopping around for your current home, window grilles may be a great accent to your next set of windows. There are a host of things to ponder, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our pros, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re searching for. Of course, with the host of options available, we suggest coming by our Edmonton showroom, giving us a call at 780-439-9344 or arranging an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we carry.