Winter weather is just around the corner in Edmonton and when the temperature drops, the energy costs can often surge. There are many things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Edmonton winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money around the house as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can trickle in and affect your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Western Canada experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to sneak into your home. Consult with a professional to solve these issues before cold weather arrives in Edmonton.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Edmonton a call at 780-439-9344 or stop by our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.