Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a wonderful way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your household. What function do you want this space to serve? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most critical things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for a long time.
- Forget your budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which can be beneficial when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 780-439-9344, check out our Edmonton showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.