How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Edmonton
Fall is just around the corner in Edmonton, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the best time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the feel of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a strong impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to think about when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are a variety of ways to create levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Edmonton a call at 780-439-9344 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!